Happy National Nutrition Month!
This year’s theme for National Nutrition Month is Put Your Best Fork Forward! Making small, healthy changes really does add up! For example, today I was craving my favorite salted caramel chocolate chip cookies. I was walking through the bakery aisle at the grocery store where they are sold and I was tempted to buy them. However, after getting in some good exercise today, I didn’t want to undo everything I’d already done. I decided against buying those cookies, instead opting to make a healthier sweet treat to curb my cravings. With fiber, protein, and probiotics, these peanut butter chocolate chip bites will satisfy those chocolate chip cookie cravings.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites
Recipe adapted from Amy’s peanut butter cookie dough bites
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I used Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder w/ chia and probiotics)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flours, protein powder, and peanut butter flour until well mixed.
- Add the oil, vanilla, creamy peanut butter, water and brown sugar and mix well until a soft dough forms
- Roll into bite-size balls
Yield: ~18 balls
Nutrition Information per serving
2 bites=1 serving
Carbs: 27 g
Fat: 12 g
Protein: 4 g
Sodium: 66 mg
Sugar: 18 g
*Some day I promise I will learn to take quality food photos. Now is not that time!
Small changes really add up. Whether it be setting a goal to eat at least one new fruit or vegetable every week, trying a new healthy recipe, or just working out a few times per week, these changes really make a difference.
What are you going to do to put your best fork forward?